Technical Overview of 3BTransform
3BTransform is designed for integration.
3BTransform operates as a stand-alone server. You upload your document with instructions on how it is to be transformed. 3BTransform transforms the document and allows you to get the results. All communication is via HTTP.
This method of operation is very simple, flexible, easy to integrate from many clients and languages, and scales very well.
- The HTML/Web client provides a simple demonstration of extendedTransform. If you want users to access the server directly you can easily adapt the supplied pages to suit your requirements. Alternatively, just use the pages as a reference for implementing your own HTTP client.
- The network protocol that 3BTransform uses is HTTP - the protocol of the world-wide-web. Most computer languages have libraries that make integrating with HTTP servers very simple.
- Command line
- The command line client provides a simple way and reliable to invoke the server from scripts or batch-files. Since the client is written in Java, it will run on almost any kind of computer.
- 3BTransform includes a Java class library to help you integrate with the server. The library includes source code to give you total flexibility in building the system that you need.
- OpenDocument Format
- All Microsoft Office formats *
- StarOffice and OpenOffice.org formats
- Data Interchange Format
*binary formats of Microsoft Office files only. Microsoft Open XML support will be available during 2007.
3BClean prevents confidential information leaking out of organisations through the removal of metadata, the information stored behind the visible content of a document. More about our metadata cleaning product.
3BOpenDoc allows for document conversion to and from OpenDocument format on the fly enabling StarOffice and OpenOffice.org users to seamlessly interoperate with Microsoft® Office® users. More about document conversion to and from OpenDocument format.
3BSecurePDF allows for creation of secure, watermarked PDF files. More about creation of secure PDF documents.